's Encyclopedia of Stamps and Philatelic Links
Space, Science & Technology
- Space Topic Study Unit
- The Space Unit is an organisation of hobbists devoted to the collection and study of covers and stamps issued on space themes. It has a world wide membership and is the largest independent astrophilatelic society in the world.
- (afilated with the APS & ATA)
Information on membership can be obtained by contacting:
Carmine Torrisi, Secretary STSU
Maspeth, NY 11378, USA
- old: stargate.1usa.com/stamps
- American Air Mail Society
- Additional data.
- Astro Space Stamp Society
- Honorable Secretary: Brian Lockyer, @, The ASSS
- 21 Exford Close, Weston-super-Mare, Avon, BS23 4RE, UK
- Internationaler Aero-Philatelisten Club
- Society of Space Philatelists in Switzerland (GWP)
- Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Aérophilatéliques (FISA) (Alt. URL)
- Goddard Space Flight Center Stamp Club (club Info)
- Meets: 11:30 a.m. 2nd Thurs. in GSFC Bldg. 30 - Room 180, Greenbelt
- Dr. Manfred Owe (c.2008) - @-mail 1, @-mail 2; old
- P.O. Box 261, Greenbelt, MD 20768-0261, USA
- J.P.L. Stamp Club (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
- Meets: 12 Noon on 2nd Tues. at JPL in Pasadena, CA
- Mr James R. Rose - Email
- P. O. Box 771, La Canada, CA 91012-0771, USA
- Johnson Space Center Stamp Club (TxPA Info Pg.)
- P.O. Box 58247, Houston, TX 77258-8247
- Meets: 7 p.m. 2nd & 4th Mon.
- Cilroth Recreation Ctr., Clear Lake City (Houston), TX, USA
- Gate 5 - off Space Center Blvd.
- Mr. Richard Gerstle - Email
- 132 Hyacinth, Lake Jackson, TX 77566, USA
- Club 'provides cancellations for the various space flights '
- Ford Stamp Club
- Meets: 1st Mon.
- in: FMC - P&A Building: Res. and Eng. Center
- R. L. Hyzy
- P. O. Box 2388, Dearborn, MI 48123, USA
- Boeing Employees Stamp Club
- Meets: 6 p.m. 2nd Wed. in Boeing Recreation Activities Center
- 22649 83rd Ave. S., Kent, WA, USA
- Mr. Bruce E. Landry - Email
- 12212 Marine View Dr S.W., Seattle, WA 98146, USA
- William Messecar, Phone: 253-638-9692, Email
- McDonnell Douglas Philatelic Club
- Meets: 7 p.m. 1st & 3rd Tues.
- Michael E. Rodgers Seniors Center
- 1706 Orange Ave., Huntington Beach, CA 92648, USA
- Mr. Roger K. Alderson - Email
- 2984 Rounsevel Terr., Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
© Sergey Okun - designed as a part of " COSMONAUTICS" Encyclopedia (in Russian) by Aleksandr Zheleznyakov
- old URL was http://stamps.transas.com/ - Sergey wrote to have it updated 4/22/2001
-but even this ( http://spacestamps.spb.ru/ ) is '404' c.200911
- Russian Space & Astronomy Stamp Exchange - Oleg Tuchin, Russia
- Astrophilately - Pierre Bauduin (sales)
- aka: Wilton Stamp Co., Inc.
- Michael Goldberg - Email 1 , Email 2
- Joe Frasketi's Space Covers - Basics of Space Cover Collecting
- Space commemorative event covers are commemorative envelopes that are postmarked on the day a space event occurs. ... Additional space commemorative event covers could be from participating tracking stations, tracking ships, recovery ships, land recovery operation headquarters, etc. ... can also include covers with special cancels, such as for space trek conventions, cancels honoring previous astronauts or space anniversaries, etc. So there are all types of event covers in existence. ...
The Grand Turk Island Connection With The Mercury/Glenn Flight - by Joe Frasketi Jr.
- "I was located on Grand Turk Island, in the West Indies, where the U.S.A. had a Project Mercury tracking station and I was working at the telemetry site operating electronics equipment. There was also a small but well staffed Mercury hospital on the island as astronaut John Glenn would be brought there after orbiting the earth and splashing down in nearby waters. ...
He's got some background for Space Covers. aj.
- STS-51L (Challenger) Memorial Home Page - Dr Ross J Smith
- Dedicated to the seven brave men and women who died in the STS-51L tragedy. They slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God.
- - List of STS-51L Covers
- - Challenger Disaster Links
- Meteorite Stamps and Coins
- from Philip R. "Pib" Burns
- "I am always happy to be able to combine two of my hobbies -- in this case, meteorite collecting and stamp collecting. So far I have located only the following stamps commemorating meteorites or meteorite impacts. If you know of any others, please let me know. " (he also features some Roman coins depicting a metorite: the sacred Stone of Emesa. aj. 3/2001
- ESPACE Lollini - (Alt URL) - E-mail
- - in French & English - They produce a series of catalogs dealing with many aspects of space collecing including stamps, FDC's, Letters etc.. and an 'album' they describe as an 'Encyclopedia'.
With 'CATAWEB' - an online catalog:
- - featuring searches by date, location or topic
- - covering stamps, FDC's and Event covers
- Vsevolod V. Pritula, in Russia
- Provides expertization on Space mail (& Europe to 1940).
- Walter Michael Hopferwieser, in Austria
- Provides expertization on Space mail.
- Buffalo Stamp - E-mail
- Scout & Space Stamp Sales incl. topical lists.
- 'Exclusiv PhilFund'
- "We are the top specialist around the world in the "space-polarpost" thema.
- About.com Stamp Buyer's Guide : Space
- The Story of my stamps
- I've got at least one decent cover. AJ ;- )
- A Selective History of Science on Stamps, by Maiken Naylor
- (truly scholastic)
- Astronomy and Cosmology
Instruments and Measurements
Mathematics and Computation
Evolution and the Fossil Record
Heredity and the Genetic Code
Electromagnetic Theory and Light
Geology and Mapping
The Nobel Prizes
Science and Engineering Library
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
Copyright 1997 Maiken Naylor, E-mail
- Scientists on the Stamps of Israel
- Try to guess who's on each stamp, then click on the stamp to see if you're right!
- Science on Stamps - S. Sugiyama
- Insulators on Postage Stamps - by Jill Meier
- Computer Stamps - w/check list - by Heikki Rauhala, .se
- Philatelic Computing Study Group (PCSG) (unfortunately it's now defunct - c.2007 ajw)
- Quite frankly, one of the more competent APS sites. aj.
The PCSG has 500-plus members located in the USA and 21 other countries...
For more information about the PCSG and an application form, send your postal mailing address.
E-mail or write to:
Bob de Violini
P.O. Box 5025
Oxnard, CA 93031 U.S.A.
some of this site's contents:
·The FIP Philatelic Web Site Evaluation Program
·Philatelic resources on CD-ROM discs --
·CD-ROM Stamp Catalogs || Stamp Images || Research Studies
·Review of the Scott CD-ROM, U.S. Stamp Collector's Database, now on-line!
·Stamp Inventory Programs -- Introduction || Windows || DOS || Macintosh
·Other Programs -- Page Layout Programs || Stamp Tags || Image Comparison Program
·Some Other Sources of Useful Information. UPU countries, Exchange Rates, Country Codes, ...
- old URL: http://www.west.net/~stamps1/pcsg/pcsg.html
Home | Specialized Collecting | Topical Collecting
Index | © A.J. Ward
Submit Help Build This Resource
Free counters provided by Honesty.com.
'SST' est. 5/1/2001, 'Topical' est. 3/2001